This product is part of our optional two year warranty program. This program is enhancing one of the best service programs in the industry and offers all customers the best after-sales service possible.
The “POVCAM” combines the advantages of the first-generation POVCAM with features that are necessary in today’s environment like a touch panel and simultaneous 3G-SDI/HDMI/IP output. The POVCAM can be used for/at the following applications:
- At indoor events (e.g. weddings, reality TV shows)
- For nature observations, documentaries, sports and webcasts
- As a back-up unit for a camera-recorder
- For recording and networking from an information Camera
Compact Camera Head for Flexible Installation
Compact, lightweight design and remote operation allow the camera to be installed in places and angles where it previously couldn’t be for “free-style” operation. Built-in stereo microphone. The optional cables are identical to the first-generation POVCAM cables for easy system replacement.
- Scan Reverse mode: Image inversion for shooting with a ceiling-mounted Camera Head
- Scene files: Auto and three manual setting files allow scene settings to be switched and saved
Compact, Lightweight, Battery-Drive Recorder
Improved recorder operation with a touch-panel display and large buttons in a lightweight, handy size. Operation buttons can be temporarily disabled to prevent operating mistakes (KEY LOCK function) and threaded sockets are provided in two locations (left/right) for arm or rack mounting. The POVCAM is also newly equipped with an input terminal for DC12V power supply (AC adaptor is included).
- Battery drive: Equipped with a battery socket on the rear panel. Large-capacity battery supported (11,800 mAh/8,850 mAh/5,900 mAh/ 5,800 mAh)
- Power Supply Activation mode on the main unit linked to centralized power supply ON/OFF
Touch-Panel LCD Monitor
Compact size, high resolution 16:9 screen, 3.5-type, approx. 1.15-megadot panel touch panel for multifunctional operating ease:
- 13 User buttons: In addition to one hard key, 12 User buttons are displayed. Functions can be allocated to each. Four Scene File buttons also allow easy switching of the scene setting
- LCD reverse display: The image displayed on the LCD monitor can be reversed vertically and horizontally. The camera head can be reversed vertically to match installation conditions. When the image is reversed, the recorded image will remain in its original orientation
- WFM display: Waveform (WFM) and Vector Scope (VECTOR) display supported
- LCD DTL: The contours of the display image are emphasized to aid in focusing. Even when the contours are emphasized, the recorded image will not be affected
LAN Terminal for IP Streaming and IP Control
The LAN terminal supports video and audio streaming distribution to networks, as well as file transfers and external control. Access from PCs and tablets is achieved by web browser, with no special app required. Control is also possible by a Panasonic remote camera system IP controller for integrated system operation. Open IP commands also make it easy for users to design original systems.
- IP control: Remote control from a PC, tablet or IP controller enables Rec Start/Stop, Clip Delete, and compact Camera Head control (Zoom, Focus, Iris, and Menu Settings)
- IP streaming: Video and Audio IP streaming supported. Signals can be received and monitored by PCs, tablets, and IP decoders
- File transfer: Recorded clips can be downloaded by a network PC
A REMOTE Terminal that also controls Focus and Iris
Two REMOTE terminals provide fingertip control. In addition to the Rec Start/Stop and Zoom operations a terminal for focus and iris is also provided.
Simultaneous Output of 3G-SDI Input/Output and HDMI Output
- SDI input: An SDI input with 3G-SDI support is equipped. This lets you connect to a camera-recorder or other video device and record multi-format images, including FHD (1920×1080) 59.94p/50p/23.98p progressive images. When connected to a standard camera-recorder, Rec Start/Stop control can be used for automatic back-up recording*1
- SDI output: 3G-SDI compatible SDI output is equipped. FHD (1920×1080) 59.94p/50p progressive images can be output
- HDMI output: HDMI output of 4K (UHD)*2/FHD images is supported. Combined with SDI output and IP streaming, this enables simultaneous output*3 to maximum of three systems
*1 Linked automatic recording must be supported by the camera-recorder.
*2: HDMI output of 4K (UHD) video is available only for playback of 4K (UHD) recorded clips.
*3: Simultaneous output is not supported for all video formats. Conditions exist for the input/output signals and recording format.
- Audio input*4: A stereo mini-jack is equipped. LINE IN/MIC IN switchable.
- USB 2.0: PC connection is possible in Mass Storage mode (miniB terminal).
- Built-in speaker and headphone jack.
*4 When connected the compact camera head, the audio input cannot be used.
AVCHD Acquisition with High-Quality PS/PH Modes
In addition to the HD (1280x720) 59.94p/50p recording and extended recording mode (1440x1080) 59.94i/50i of the first-generation POVCAM, a PS mode capable of FHD (1920×1080) 59.94p/50p/25p*5 recording is equipped. PH mode for professional video production is also capable of FHD (1920×1080) 59.94i/50i/23.98p*5 recording. When connected to the Compact Camera Head (optional AG-UCK20GJ), high-resolution 4K (UHD: 3840 x 2160) 29.97p/23.98p/25p*5 (MP4 format) recording are supported.
*5 When using the AG-UCK20GJ, 59.94i/50i video signals are output for HD SDI output and HDMI output.
Double SD Memory Card Slots (SDXC Memory Card)
Large-capacity SDXC/SDHC Memory Cards supported. Double SD Memory Card Slots and a Relay Recording function enable two memory cards to be consecutively used. Hot Swapping also makes it possible to exchange cards while recording. Combined with the high data compression efficiency of the AVCHD format, this enables a maximum of 22 hours*6 of recording in the high-quality PS mode and a maximum of 112 hours* of recording in the extended (HE) mode. SDXC and SDHC Memory Cards can be readily acquired in an emergency situation while shooting on location.
*6 When using two 128-GB SDXC Memory Cards. Extended clips are automatically split every 10 hours, causing the recording to stop for several seconds.
Versatile Recording Functions for Professional Use
Single-frame image files can be converted from recorded video images which can be used for high quality photos.
- Last clip delete: The clip that was recorded immediately before can be deleted with a single touch. This function can also be allocated to a User button
- Time stamp: Date and time information can be superimposed onto images. Usable for extended research activities and nature observations
- TC/UB recording: An SMPTE time code generator is built-in
- Color bar signal output (with 1-kHz audio test tone*7)
*7 When [SYSTEM FREQ] is set to [50 Hz], a 997-Hz test tone is output.
Playback Functions Convenient for Presentations
- Repeat playback: Continuous, automatic Repeat playback possible for one clip or multiple clips from the thumbnail display. Helpful for demonstrations and presentations
- Resume playback: When the Stop key is pressed during playback, the stop position is stored in memory. Simply press the Play key to start playing again from the stop position. Turning off the power resets the memory. This function is disabled in the factory default setting
- Clip operation: Fast forward, rewind, clip forward, clip reverse, and frame by frame playback operation are supported
High-Resolution, Progressive MOS Sensor
4K (UHD: 3840 x 2160) 29.97p/23.98p/25p*8, FHD (1920×1080) 59.94p/50p/23.98p image acquisition are newly supported. HD image quality also dramatically improved.
*8 4K refers to UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution. The maximum resolution in 4K shooting mode via HDMI/SDI output is FHD (1920 x 1080) 59.94i/50i.
29.5 mm Wide-Angle Optical 20x Zoom Lens
- 29.5 mm Wide-Angle: Achieves wide-angle in spite of its compact size.
- Optical 20x zoom: Covers a range from 29.5 mm wide angle to 612 mm close ups (35mm equivalent) for various applications.
- Intelligent Zoom (i.Zoom): Allows shooting up to 30x in HD format (22x in 4K) with high resolution. Zooms in seamlessly from the optical tele-end.
- Digital zoom: This digital zoom (×1.4/×2/×4/×6/×8) allows zooming without any change in brightness. Combining optical zoom + intelligent zoom enables zooming up to a maximum of 240x*9
*9 When using optical 20x zoom + i.Zoom + digital zoom 8x in HD format. The image quality decreases as the digital zoom magnification increases.
Stable Images with the Five-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer
- Optical image stabilizer (HD/4K): Equipped with a powerful optical image stabilizer (OIS) system. Images are strongly corrected even in situations where the camera is unstable, such as when mounted onto an arm
- Five-Axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer (HD): In HD mode, electronic image stabilization is added to the optical image stabilizer (OIS) system to detect and correct motions on five axes, including rolling motion. This is effective when shooting while walking
Picture Adjustments like a High-End Cameras
- 16-Axis independent color correction: This function provides an independent effect to each of the 16 phases and saturation levels of video images. This fine color matching and rendering meet the needs of video production applications.
- Optical ND filter: The optical ND filter can be manually switched (CLEAR, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64). Resolution degradation from closing down the iris is prevented even in bright lighting.
- Shutter: The Slow Shutter and Synchro Scan functions are supported.
- Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS): This function suppresses blocked shadows and blown highlights to produce excellent gradation for each shade when dark, bright and intermediate shades are all contained in the same scene.
- Gain/iris: The gain can be increased either with AUTO or 0 dB to 30 dB (in 1 dB units), plus super gain (33 dB/36 dB). Iris adjustment can also be adjusted independently from the gain.
- White balance: AWB A, B (two-value memory) / P3200K / P5600K / ATW / VAR (2000 K to 15000 K). A new Variable mode has also been added for a finer setting capability. This allows color reproduction to better match the shooting situation.
- Image adjustments: Detail, V-detail, Detail coring, Skin tone detail, Color temperature, Chroma level, Chroma phase, Matrix (Norm/Cinelike/Still-like), Master pedestal, Gamma (HD norm/Cine-like/Still-like), Black gamma, Knee, NR control
Versatile Camera Functions
- Auto Focus: High-speed, high-performance auto focus technologies enable speedy focusing, excellent tracking, and superb stability for higher-quality 4K images
- Focus Assist: Focusing is aided by a Peaking Display (emphasizing in-focus areas by the use of coloring)
- Push Auto: Pressing the button during Manual Focus mode temporarily activates Auto Focus
- Infrared (IR) Shooting mode: Helpful for nighttime observation and surveillance
- Pre Rec: Constantly records video and sounds from approximately 3 seconds before ordinary recording starts, to prevent missing decisive moments
- Rec Check: Plays approximately the last 3 seconds that were recorded for confirmation
- Zebra: Select any two levels from among 50% to 105% in 5% steps
- Filters supported: Commercially available lens filters (49 mm diameter) supported
POVCAM Applications Using the Compact Camera Head
For Close-up Face Shots in TV Program Production
By placing Camera Heads on the table during news or information show, close-up shots of the people seated around the table can be taken with highly natural expressions. Several cameras can be mounted even in a small studio, and a single operator can handle them with IP control. This also helps to reduce production costs.
For Indoor Events Such as Weddings and Reality TV Shows
By suspending a Camera Head unobtrusively from the ceiling, on a stage, or on a mic stand, images can be recorded that wouldn't be possible by an ordinary camera operator.
For Nature Observations, Documentaries, Sports and Webcasts
While shooting extended images in highquality 4K (UHD) or Full-HD format, live webcasts can be produced by IP streaming. The compact Camera Head can be flexibly mounted and combined with IP control for remote shooting, providing the high image quality that is required for video production. Infrared (IR) mode also allows nighttime shooting.*10
*10: In the night shooting is required IR light. IR light is recommended the product of the wavelength 800 nm to 950 nm (850 nm is the most suitable). In order to shoot to clear the subject, it also requires a large amount of irradiation of IR light in addition to the performance of the camera.
System Examples with a Standalone Recorder
For Backing Up a Camera-Recorder
The compact, lightweight design and battery drive enable to use in outdoor locations. SDI input allows Full-HD acquisition from a wide variety of sources, including camerarecorders. Back-up recording*11 is also possible with the Rec Start/Stop function of the camera-recorder connected the Portable Recorder with SDI. Since simultaneous IP/SDI/HDMI output is possible, the Portable Recorder can be used as a signal distributor to monitors, PCs, and tablets.
*11: Linked automatic recording must be supported by the camera-recorder.
For Recording and Networking from a Information Camera
For recording an existing HD information camera or weather camera. In addition to the extended recording capability of large-capacity SDXC/SDHC Memory Cards and Double SD Memory Card Slots, the IP streaming function enables use as a network camera.
Click an icon to find out more about the technology used
- Download image - 610.07 KB
- Download image - 85.52 KB
- Download image - 252.5 KB
- Download image - 1.62 MB
- Download image - 262.9 KB
- Download image - 2.44 MB
- Download image - 158.07 KB
- Download image - 2.07 MB
- Download image - 191.54 KB
- Download image - 1.97 MB
- Download image - 329.87 KB
- Download image - 4.57 MB
- Download image - 199 KB
- Download image - 1.41 MB
- Download image - 264.27 KB
- Download image - 2.35 MB
- Download image - 276.67 KB
- Download image - 1.37 MB
- Download image - 309.41 KB
- Download image - 1.04 MB
- Download image - 610.07 KB
- Download image - 610.07 KB
|Power||DC 7.28 V (with battery), DC 12 V (with AC adaptor) Camera Head: DC 9 V (supplied from the AG-UMR20)|
|Power Consumption||In standalone condition: 1.1 A (with battery), 0.7 A (with AC adaptor) With the optional AG-UCK20GJ Camera Head: 2.2 A (with battery), 1.4 A (with AC adaptor) Camera Head only: 0.6 A|
|Operating Temperature||0 °C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F)|
|Operating Humidity||10 % to 80 % (no condensation)|
|Weight||Approx. 590 g (1.3 lbs) + Approx. 325 g (0.717 lbs)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||100 mm x 53.5 mm x 104 mm(excluding protrusion) (3-15/16 inches x 2-3/32 inches x 5-1/2 inches) + 64 mm x 72 mm x 131 mm (excluding protrusion) (2-17/32 inches x 2-27/32 inches x 5-5/32 inches)|
|Memory Card Recorder|
|Recording Media||SDHC memory card (4 GB to 32 GB) , SDXC memory card (48 GB to 128 GB) MP4: more than Class10, AVCHD: more than Class4|
|Recording Slot||2 Slots|
|System Format||59.94 Hz / 50.00 Hz|
|Motion Recording||Recording system: MP4, AVCHD Recording mode/Recording time: Please see page 3 for the “Recording Format” table|
|Still Picture Recording||Recording system: JPEG (DCF/Exif2.2)|
|Digital Video/Digital Audio|
|Output Video Signal||8 bit 4:2:2|
|Recording Video Signal||8 bit 4:2:0|
|Video Compression||MP4: MPEG-4, AVCHD: AVC/H.264 High Profile|
|Recording Audio Signal||48 kHz/16 bit 2 CH|
|Audio Compression||MP4: LPCM, AVCHD: Dolby Audio|
|SDI In||BNC x 1, 0.8 V [p-p], 75 Ω, 3 G/1.5 G HD SDI supported Input format:1080/59.94p LEVEL-A/LEVEL-B, 1080/50p LEVEL-A/LEVEL-B, 1080/29.97PsF/25PsF/23.98PsF, 1080/59.94i/50i, 720/59.94p/50p|
|SDI Out (Video)||BNC x 1, 0.8 V [p-p], 75 Ω, 3 G/1.5 G HD SDI supported Output format: same as input format|
|HDMI Out (Video)||Type A connector x 1, VIERA Link not supported Output format: 2160/29.97p/25p/23.98p, 1080/59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/23.98p/59.94i/50i, 720/59.94p/50p, 480/59.94p, 576/50p|
|MIC/Line Input||3.5 mm diameter, stereo mini jack (MIC IN and LINE IN） MIC: -60 dBV (sensitivity -40 dB equivalent, 0 dB=1 V/Pa 1 kHz), plug in power supported LINE : -10 dBV|
|SDI Out (Audio)||2 CH (LPCM) , switchable gain: 0 dB/-6 dB/-12 dB|
|HDMI Out (Audio)||2 CH (LPCM)|
|Headphone||3.5 mm diameter, stereo mini jack x 1|
|Speaker||20 mm diameter, round x 1|
|Camera||20 pin dedicated interface|
|LAN||IP control LAN connector (RJ-45) Straight/cross cable auto-detect function|
|Remote||2.5 mm diameter stereo mini jack x 1 (ZOOM, S/S) 3.5 mm diameter mini jack x 1 (FOCUS, IRIS)|
|USB 2.0||Type Mini-B connector, mass storage (read/write)|
|DC In 12V||DC 12 V (11.4 V to 12.6 V) EIAJ Type4|
|LCD Monitor||3.5-type LCD monitor, approx. 1,150,000 dots|
|Video Compression (Network)||MP4:MPEG-4, AVCHD:AVC/H.264 High Profile|
|Audio Compression (Network)||AAC-LC (48kHz, 16 bit, 2 CH, 128 kbps)|
|Transfer Mode (JPEG)||Resolution 640 x 360: (JPEG) Frame rate (59.94 Hz) : 30 fps, 15 fps, 5 fps Frame rate (50.00 Hz) : 25 fps, 12.5 fps, 5 fps|
|Transfer Mode (H.264)||Resolution 3840 x 2160/640 x 360: (H.264) Frame rate (59.94 Hz) : 30 fps, 15 fps, 5 fps Frame rate (50.00 Hz) : 25 fps, 12.5 fps, 5 fps Resolution 1920 x 1080/1280 x 720: Frame rate (59.94 Hz) : 60 fps, 30 fps, 15 fps, 5 fps Frame rate (50.00 Hz) : 50 fps, 25 fps, 12.5 fps, 5 fps *By the conditions, the frame rate is lower than setting.|
|Supported Protocol||TCP/IP, UDP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, RTSP, RTP, RTP/RTCP, FTP, DHCP, DNS, NTP, IGMP, UPnP, ICMP, ARP, RTSPoverTCP, RTSPoverHTTP, SSL (TLS) , MultiCast/UniCast|
|IP Connector Cable||LAN cable* (moer than category 5) max. 100 m *STP (Shielded Twisted Pair) recommend|
|Windows||Microsoft(R) Windows 10 (32 bit/64 bit) , Internet Explorer 11 Microsoft(R) Windows 7 (32 bit/64 bit) SP1, Internet Explorer 11|
|Mac||MacOS v10.12 Safari10, OS X v10.11 Safari10|
|iOS Device||iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, iOS 10, standard browser|
|Android||Android OS 4.4, standard browser|
|Controller||AW-RP50, AW-RP120G, AK-HRP200G *Depending on a model, upgrade is required.|
|Lens||Zoom: optical 20x motorized zoom Fvalue: F1.8 to F3.6, Focal length: f- 4.08 mm to 81.6 mm 35 mm conversion: 29.5 mm to 612.0 mm (Hybrid O.I.S mode “OFF”) Filter diameter: 49 mm, ND filter: CLEAR, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64 (built-in) Shortest shooting distance: 1.5 m (4.9 ft) at zoom range, 3 cm (0.1 ft) at wide angle IR cut filter： incorporates the ON/OFF control function|
|Shutter Speed||59.94i/59.94p mode: 1/60 sec., 1/100 sec., 1/120 sec., 1/180 sec., 1/250 sec., 1/350 sec., 1/500 sec., 1/750 sec., 1/1000 sec., 1/1500 sec., 1/2000 sec., 1/3000 sec., 1/4000 sec., 1/8000 sec. 29.97p mode: 1/30 sec., 1/50 sec., 1/60 sec., 1/100 sec., 1/120 sec., 1/180 sec. to 1/8000 sec. (same as above) 23.98p mode: 1/24 sec., 1/48 sec., 1/50 sec., 1/60 sec., 1/100 sec., 1/120 sec., 1/180 sec. to 1/8000 sec. (same as above) 50i/50p mode: 1/50 sec., 1/60 sec., 1/100 sec., 1/125 sec., 1/180 sec. to 1/8000 sec. (same as above) 25.00p mode: 1/25 sec., 1/50 sec., 1/60 sec., 1/100 sec., 1/125 sec., 1/180 sec. to 1/8000 sec. (same as above)|
|Minimum Illumination||0.2 lx (slow shutter: 1/2 sec., gain: +36 dB)|
|Slow Shutter||59.94i/59.94p mode: 1/2 sec., 1/4 sec., 1/8 sec., 1/15 sec., 1/30 sec. 29.97p mode: 1/2 sec., 1/4 sec., 1/8 sec., 1/15 sec. 23.98p mode: 1/2 sec., 1/3 sec., 1/6 sec., 1/12 sec. 50i/50p mode: 1/2 sec., 1/3 sec., 1/6 sec., 1/12 sec., 1/25 sec., 25.00p mode: 1/2 sec., 1/3 sec., 1/6 sec., 1/12 sec.|
|Synchro Scan||59.94i/59.94p mode: 1/60.0 sec. to 1/285.6 sec. 29.97p mode: 1/30.0 sec. to 1/206.5 sec. 23.98p mode: 1/24.0 sec. to 1/280.1 sec. 50i/50p mode: 1/50.0 sec. to 1/209.2 sec. 25p mode: 1/25.0 sec. to 1/224.3 sec.|
|Zoom||i. Zoom: x30 (HD), x22 (4K) Digital zoom: x1.4, x2, x4, x6, x8|
|White Balance||ATW, ATW LOCK, AWB A, AWB B, P3200K, P5600K, VAR (2000 K to 15000 K)|
|Image Stabilizer||Optical image stabilizer (HD/4K) 5-Axis hybrid image stabilizer (HD)|
|Gain Setting||Automatic, manual 0 dB to 30 dB(1 dB step), Super Gain 33 dB, 36 dB *At auto mode, 3 dB to 30 dB (3 dB steps) can be selected with AGC limit setting.|
|Pickup Devices||1/2.3-type MOS MOS solid state image sensor (Total pixels: approx. 12.76 megapixels)|
|Audio In||Built-in microphone (2 CH stereo)|
|Horizontal Resolution||1,300 TV (HDMI output 2160/29.97p, when 25.00p playback) 1,000 TV (HDMI output 1080/59.94p, when 50.00p playback)|
|Connector||20 pin dedicated interface (to the AG-UMR20)|